Two posts in one night, perhaps? Comic relief first. Bonus points for poking fun at others!
Many moons ago, I was living in a great little house in AZ with my friends, Karen and Laurie. One night, my friend, Jessie (she LOVES that nickname!), called with absolute terror in her voice.
"HELP! Stephanie, there is a giant SCORPION in my room! It's by the door and I am trapped!!!"
Being the helpful friend that I am, I started laughing hysterically. My roommate, Karen, quickly took charge of the situation, and grabbed the phone. She closed her eyes, lifted her other hand, and started speaking:
"Jessica, the Word says that we can trod bugs, snakes, and scorpions under our feet! Grab a shoe or a Bible and kill it. I know it's big and scary. No, it can't jump at you." (pause) "You can do it! Walk over there and SMASH that sucker in Jesus's name!"
A few seconds later, Karen calmly handed the phone back to me, saying, "She's got it under control."
Awww, yeah! Now THAT is Bible thumpin'! :)
October 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment