Oh, you're going to love this one! The story of how Stephanie almost missed her flight to Phoenix.
So, it started this afternoon when Caitlin dropped me off two hours before my 5pm flight. She joked that I should go get a beer or two from the brewery while I waited (not funny because I've been too sick to drink alcohol! :) I checked my bag, got my boarding pass, went through security, and stopped to get supplies- I was all set to settle in for a two hour wait. Checked my boarding pass- C 17. Took a veeerrrrrrry long walk to the end of the terminal, spotted the sign saying "To Phoenix," and settled in with my magazine, cough drops and I-Pod shuffle.
Around 4:40, I noticed the area getting pretty crowded and took my headphones off. The flight attendant was asking people to check their boarding pass for their seat assignment. I casually glanced down at my pass, and saw that my seat assignment is C 17. Wait. That's weird. My seat assignment and gate are exactly the same. What a strange coinc.... oh CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My gate isn't C 17. It's C 2... and my flight leaves in 10 minutes!
So I run- we're talking full stride here- and I hear "Final call for flight 645 to Phoenix at Gate C 2." CRAP, CRAP, CRAP! I arrive, panting, trying to explain quickly with my raspy voice. The attendant runs to the gate, unlocks it, scans my pass, and literally pushes me through the door into the tunnel. The stewardess on the plane welcomes me aboard, hustles me back, and offers an empty seat in the emergency exit row (yay- leg room!). I sit down as the attendants close the door and get the plane ready for take off. Whew!
Turns out neither my gate nor my seat was C 17 after all :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Only you. Love it! And glad you made your flight even though pdx misses you.
ReplyDelete